My daughter has been obsessed with the Grinch for years, and she requests to watch it year-round. Not only that, but we have the original Dr. Seuss book and lots of Grinch themed toys. So naturally when we got wind of the new Grinch movie from Illumination and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment we were the first ones in line at the movie theatre! My daughter was captivated from the very beginning of the movie, to the very end. The second I could pre-order a copy on DVD, I was adding it to my cart! Although we loved the movie itself, we were super excited about all of the exclusive bonus features from the DVD and digital! The DVD/Digital features over 60 minutes of bonus content including three mini movies, featurettes, a how-to-draw tutorial, inside looks on the making of The Grinch, and so much more! Before we sat down to watch the movie, we watched the exclusive mini-movies Yellow is the New Black, Dog Days of Winter, and Santa’s Little Helpers. Yellow is the New Black was by far my daughter’s favorite since she is a huge Minions fan, but I personally thought Max’s adventure in Dog Days of Winter was the funniest little show! We also really enjoyed the “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” Lyric Video by Tyler The Creator. As someone who is familiar with the original songs, I thought this was a fun and upbeat version that was a much-needed upgrade! If you haven’t seen this new Grinch remake, you definitely need to get your hands on it! If you seen it in theatres, I can’t wait for you to see all of the cute new bonus features! Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch becomes available on Digital January 22nd and on 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD February 5th. You can learn more about Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch on their Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Order now on Amazon
Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch DVD Details:
DVD Synopsis: From Illumination and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, the film based on Dr. Seuss’ beloved tale about a cynical grouch who goes on a mission to steal Christmas from others only to feel his own heart grow three sizes larger through unexpected friendships is one “the whole family can watch and enjoy,”
Bonus Features (4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DVD):
- Who’s Who in Who-ville (interactive map): There are so many interesting characters that call Who-ville home that it’s hard to keep track of them all. This “Who’s Who” pop-up book uses animation to create a virtual storybook that takes us from Who-ville to Mt. Crumpit.
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” Lyric Video: Tyler, The Creator puts a modern spin on the Seussian Christmas classic.
Mini-Movies (4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray, DVD & Digital):
- Yellow is the New Black: Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter: Max braves the harsh winter weather and an uncooperative Who to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa’s Little Helpers: Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidently dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
Bonus Features (4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray, DVD & Digital):
- The Making of the Mini-Movies: Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen: It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH: Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories: The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch reveal their earliest memories of the grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets: From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- “I Am The Grinch” Lyric Video: A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart: Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World: Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou’s Yule Log: Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies: A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw: Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O’Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
*Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch becomes available on Digital January 22nd and on 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD February 5th. *