My daughter has a horrible habit of sucking on her middle fingers. She has done this since she was a baby and we have tried everything in the book to stop it. She recently had her first visit to the dentist and although her teeth are not yet altered, the dentist recommended that we put an end to it as soon as possible. When I was approached with this Control-It! Stop Nail Biting Cream I was extremely skeptical. I have tried flavored nail polishes, bitter gels, and so many more “quick fix” things and I was sure this would be another waste of my time. Control-It! is an all natural, paraben free cream that has an extremely bitter taste to remind my daughter that her fingers do not belong in her mouth. It is made with aloe vera, jojoba oil, sunflower seed oil, and natural bitter flavoring. This makes it completely safe for my daughter to ingest. It simply rub a small amount onto my daughter’s middle fingers and let her run around as normal. When she tries to stick her fingers in her mouth she is quickly reminded to take them back out. It was funny to watch her react to the taste and after a few tries, she gave up completely. Although we have only been using Control-It! for a few days, it seems to be doing its job. Periodically I forget to reapply it and catch her sucking her fingers, but once I reapply the quits. Hopefully we will only need to use this a few more weeks for her to toss her habit completely out of the window.
One Week Trial Diary
- Day 1 – No change. Constant sucking. I keep reapplying
- Day 2-No change. Constant sucking. I keep reapplying
- Day 3- Slight change. Still sucking, but second guessing herself. Keep Reapplying.
- Day 4- Major change. Trying to avoid sucking at all cost. Have not reapplied.
- Day 5- Still trying to avoid sucking at all costs. Only applied once.
- Day 6- Did not apply. Caught her with fingers in her mouth. Reapplied for enforcement.
- Day 7-Did not apply. Still has not put her fingers in her mouth.
*I RECEIVED THE PRODUCTS MENTIONED ABOVE FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR AN UNBIASED REVIEW. I ONLY REVIEW AND RECOMMEND PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT I HAVE USED PERSONALLY. I AM DISCLOSING THIS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION’S 16 CFR, PART 255: “GUIDES CONCERNING THE USE OF ENDORSEMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS IN ADVERTISING”. THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE ENTIRELY MY OWN*